It is important to understand that you are not alone in the search for a good business to buy. You will be competing against other buyers so it is imperative to arm yourself with knowledge. Kensington Company & Affiliates can provide expert knowledge, advice, and guidance with NO FEE to you!
Here are some basic tips for you:
- Communicate! As your business broker, we are here to service you. Let us know the reasons you are, or are not, interested in a business we forward. This will help us fine tune our search and have you in mind when the right business comes along.
- Be Honest! Be truthful about your financial situation and your background. We can not properly match you to a business if we have faulty information.
- Confidentiality Matters! Don't risk the sale by breaching confidentiality.
- It's Not Only Numbers! While it is important to analyze the numbers, there is more to the business. Learn more about the business, and the seller, by visiting the business and meeting with the owner.
- This Is Not A Job Interview! Act like a peer, not a job applicant. Show you are a business person who is ready to run the show.
- Be Respectful! Negotiating is part of the process. Discuss areas where you will need to invest in the business rather than pointing out flaws which may offend the seller.
Buying a business is a lengthy, detailed process and it is important to understand each step along the way. Schedule your free consultation to learn how Kensington Company & Affiliates can help you successfully navigate your way to business ownership!